One way to make a hug statement in a room is WALLPAPER!! I love the look of wallpaper but may have gone a little over board in my master bedroom. If I was doing it over again I would of just done one focus wall, like I did in the bathroom. But you live and learn, right??
Some tips for DIY Wallpaper:
1. Make sure you buy pre-pasted, it will make your life so much easier!
2. You definitely need a partner to make sure it all aligns correctly, the pattern I used was easy to align
3. Make sure you measure correctly to order the right amount, no need to waste money and order more, and you FOR SURE don't want to be short!
4. Wallpaper always comes in a double roll, so if it is $10 a roll, you can only buy 2 for $20.
5. I bought my wallpaper for cheap! Wallpaper Whole Sale has tons of inexpensive items
Before: Testing out some paint samples