Monday, August 13, 2012

Crystal Chandelier for Under $45

If you remember in my previous post, I am in the middle of redoing my guest bathroom.  One way to really change up a bathroom is to change out the light fixtures.  I hated the builder grade one above the mirror and purchased a light fixture and installed it myself!  I totally believe everyone can install a light fixture.  I went on YouTube and watched a few videos and now I am a PRO!

Light Fixture I purchased from Overstock

But since I couldn't afford another light fixture for over the toilet, I decided to make my own.  I started with a really nasty fluorescent light.  
To uninstall I just had to unscrew a few screws and untwist the orange caps keeping the wires together


Next I found a crystal light holder at Hobby Lobby for $30!!  I used it for decorating a wedding I did a year back and its been sitting with no home.  I then went to Home Depot and bough a hanging light fixture kit in Nickel, they have all colors for $14.99.
All I had to do was take out the candle holder center, attach the post of the lamp and affix the hanging chains to the top.  Pretty simple!


And I LOVE the final product!  Check back for the rest of the bathroom reveal.




19 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like, I like. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from DIY Home Sweet Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous idea!!! Brilliant if I do say so myself. :)

    I am stopping by from the Make It Pretty Monday Hop, have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I want to redo our lightening but really hadn't thought it possible until recently.

    If you get a chance I would love for you to come share to lightening ideas over at my Pin Party. http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/pintastic-monday-link-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I love the way chandeliers make patterns on the ceiling, and how cool to make your own :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is stunning! How creative and beautiful!!! Thanks for the great DYI!
    Please join us for TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my weekly linky party. Your project would be perfect to share! Linky goes live tonight (Wednesday) at 8:00 pm. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. It appeals to the part of me that loves sparklie objects. I am your newest follower. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/pink-honey-beeswax-lip-balm-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i so love it! gorgeous!

    Have a lovely day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing! I would love for you to share this tomorrow at our link party http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe this - really I can't - It's stunning!
    Fantastic job - thanks for sharing :)
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by
    and follow back when you have the chance.
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. The perfect touch. Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out great! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome. I saw you featured over at Practically Function and had to swing by and tell you how clever this is! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love both light fixtures!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower, Crazy about this!! Found you from Shabby Nest feature! Stop by my blog and say hello :)


    - Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous! Amazing how you already had it and then got to put it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rigarding for crastal product crystal chandelier light I am in the middle of redoing my guest bathroom.One way to really change up a bathroom is to change out the light fixtures.crystal chandelier light.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea! Super well done :)

    ReplyDelete