Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Upgrading/Framing Bathroom Mirrors

There is nothing worse then builder grade level mirrors in the bathroom... Yuck.  So I decided to frame those suckers just like everyone else.

1. Remove the little tabs holding the mirror in place.  I have helped many friends do this project and I have never seen a mirror that wasn't glued to the wall, those tabs are just a little extra hold.  

2. Next measure out the pieces and decide how you want to proceed.  Personally I am not too handy and had the guys at Home Depot cut my pieces for me.  I also didn't want to deal with the angle cuts so I used the cheater way of corner pieces and I think it still looks good!


3.  Next I stained the wood I bought.  I would not recommend this.  My next mirror I bought the lightweight white fake wood and painted it.  Since it was MUCH lighter, it stuck up there so easy and I didn't need the excessive tape you see in the next picture!



4. Next using Liquid Nails for Mirrors (I didn't use the mirror one the first time and the frame slid right off)  Put glue everywhere expect for about 1/2 inch on the edge closest to the mirror. 

5. Start in a corner and put corner piece, press and hold for a few minutes and then move on to the frame, and continue the same process.

6. Tape it up so it doesn't slide around

7.  Finish it off with a sealer and you are done!  Such an upgrade!



Stay tuned for the rest of this bathroom makeover!


1 comment:

  1. It turned out great!

    Your Newest Follower,
    Jen
    sewfabulous-now.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete