Thursday, August 9, 2012

Framed Cards

My walls in my guest room have been empty for a long time, I had no idea what to put on them.  I needed some inexpensive and cute and finally came up with a really cute idea.  

I found some really cute cards at the Dollar Spot at Michaels that matched the theme of my room and even had some of my favorite bling on them.

To make these framed cards you need:
Cards ($1.00 Each from Michaels)
Frames ($3.99 Each from Target)
Mats ($2.49 Each from Michaels)
Tape
TOTAL= Less then $8.00 per frame, $32 for the set


All I did was tape the cards to the mats and put them in the frames.  Super easy, super cute, and super cheap!

Obsessed!

I put the frames 2.5 inches apart.  I tried other widths but this was my favorite






The Guest Room so far.  I have lots of other ideas for the walls that I can't wait to start!

Quilt: Target

11 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic project! I love projects that are inexpensive but look so fabulous. Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frames and the bedding too - I sleep under it almost every night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How far apart are each of the frames??? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that idea!! Turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do this, too, isn't it super easy! i actually framed a card like an art print for a valentine's gift for the boyfriend, and he didn't even know it was a card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful...great accent for your room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea! You found the perfect art for your guest room! I will look at cards with a new eye from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever way to make inexpensive artwork! I don't think I've seen these particular cards at my Michaels but I'll definitely check for them next time because I have a room that could use some (more) yellow accents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! The room is looking fabulous!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty, pretty! love the yellow & gray combo!

    ReplyDelete